Valentine’s Day should be a great excuse to read more with your child. We definitely believe that!
- Here at memetales, we are big fans of using any excuse possible to sit back and read with kids. Especially with Valentine’s Day. We urge you to focus AWAY from the the “Hallmark”merchandise and enjoy Valentine’s Day reading books about love and warmth. Of course, these book recommendations work wonderfully for any time of the year – especially around a child’s birthday. These books make great gifts. Parents would love to make these books a part of their bedtime reading shelf. I have had a number of these books by my kids’ bedside for years! We absolutely STILL LOVE them (My kids are 6 and 5!). My 5 year old LOVES reading these books all by herself!
- The Art Lesson (Paperstar Book) by Tomie dePaola
- Art & Max by David WiesnerYou Can’t Take a Balloon into the Metropolitan Museum (Picture Puffin)
- The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds
- Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- The Imaginary Garden by Andrew Larsen & Irene Luxbacher
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
- Ish (Creatrilogy) by Peter H. Reynolds
- Beautiful Oops! by Barney Saltzberg