Our theme this week – Read Aloud!!!
March 9th is World Read Aloud Day. “Read Aloud Day” is about taking action to show the world that the right to read and write belongs to all people. “Read Aloud Day” motivates children, teens, and adults worldwide to celebrate the power of words, especially those words that are shared from one person to another, and creates a community of readers advocating for every child’s right to a safe education and access to books and technology. By raising our voices together on this day we show the world’s children that we support their future: that they have the right to read, to write, and to share their words to change the world. Reading aloud to our children is one of the most important things we can do to help our children to increase their current and future academic achievement, and improve the parent-child relationship.
What better way to celebrate the joy of reading than to stock your shelves with your favorite Dr. Seuss’ books.
Why reading aloud is important for kids?
1. Reading aloud is important for the brain development of kids.
2. Reading aloud develops child’s speech skills.
3. Reading aloud is great for parent and child bonding.
4. Reading aloud is fun, exciting, and pleasurable for both the reader and the listener – be it at home, at school or at a library storytime.
5. Reading aloud is critical for language development.
6. Reading to children is one of the best ways to put them on the road to success – academically and personally.
7. Reading aloud brings you closer to a child – emotionally.
Fun Activity on Dr. Seuss’ Birthday
A yummy and adorable hat on Dr Seuss Birthday from “Meet The Dubiens” . We will be back on Wednesday with our craft.